The BBC has reported that the producer who was assaulted and verbally abused by Jeremy Clarkson earlier this year is suing the Top Gear host and the BBC for racial discrimination.
Oisin Tymon decided at the time of the attack he didn't wish to press charges after Clarkson attacked him because there was no hot food available after filming had wrapped on location in north Yorkshire.
Lawyers for Clarkson and the BBC attended a behind-closed-doors hearing with Mr Tymon's legal team at a London employment tribunal today. Lawyers Slater & Gordon confirmed on Friday that they had been engaged by the producer.
The original internal inquiry into the fracas, headed up by Ken MacQuarrie, found Mr Tymon was subject to an 'unprovoked physical and verbal attack'.
MacQuarrie added: "The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently."
BBC director general, Tony Hall, said Clarkson had subjected an 'innocent party [to] a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature'.
Since his departure from Top Gear, Clarkson has signed a new deal with Amazon Prime to present a motoring show, while the BBC has commissioned a new series of Top Gear with a new team led by Chris Evans.
A statement by the BBC said: "We will be responding to this claim, but will not be commenting further at this time."
Mr Tymon returned to work on another BBC programme in May, but it's unlikely he's still working there considering the lawsuit.