ABOUT THE SHOW
The Gods of Wheat Street is an Australian television drama series that screened on ABC TV from April 12, 2014 (2014-04-12) – May 17, 2014.
The six-part series tells the stories of the Freeburns, an Aboriginal family of local legends, as they learn to let go of the past with the aid of a little magic and enough deadpan humour to tackle the future. Odin Freeburn, head of the family, is being pulled in all directions as he tries to keep his family together. Odin has one brother in jail, another brother is in love with the daughter of the family enemy and his wife has run away to the city leaving him to raise their two daughters. To complicate matters, his employer has just died, his sister-in-law is in love with him and the spirit of his mother Eden has come back on a mission to protect the important destiny of the Freeburn family line.
Odin Freeburn is being pulled in all directions and the mechanics workshop that keeps them housed and fed is up for sale. With the prospect of no job or home, his family wants to know what he plans to do.
The Fighting Freeburns
Odin thought his only battle was organising the paperwork for the bank, but he's not the only one interested in Colpepper & Sons. Meanwhile, Jonesy Brown returns to Casino to cause trouble.
The Games People Play
Odin hasn't found a guarantor for the loan and Jonesy Brown has had him locked up for assault. With the court date set for the same day as the auction, will Odin be set free and make it to the auction?
Nobody Lives Forever
Libby, sick of not being appreciated, decides to let the Freeburns fend for themselves; Jonesy breaks into the Freeburn's house in search of his stolen money; and Tristan tries to win back Anastasia.
The Mighty Are Fallen
With Odin fighting for his life in hospital, and with the Freeburn home and workshop in danger of repossession, Libby decides it up to her to take care of the business.
She Who Supplanted Her Sister
Everyone is relieved to have Odin home, but the business is in deep trouble despite all their efforts. When Odin's wife arrives out of nowhere all Libby's insecurities return.
- Kelton Pell as Odin Freeburn
- Lisa Flanagan as Libby Lavelle
- Shari Sebbens as Isolde Freeburn
- Ursula Yovich as Eden Freeburn
- Mark Coles-Smith as Tristan Freeburn
- Bruce Carter as Ares Freeburn
- Rarriwuy Hick as Electra Freeburn
- Miah Madden as Athena Freeburn
- Tessa Rose as Teri Lavelle
- David Field as Harry Hamilton
- Millie Samuels as Anastasia Hamilton
- Mouche Phillips as Petra Hamilton
- Alfie Gledhill as Fables
- Lauren Hamilton Neill as Shaz
- Frederick Copperwaite as Jonesy Brown
- Richard Green as Knuckles
- Jack Charles as Old Uncle
- Gregory J Fryer
- Isaiah Smith as Bucky
- Luke Carroll as Wayne
- Riley Nottingham as Constable Craig Woods